A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Thread of Various News Stories of Interest or Amusement

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Thread of Various News Stories of Interest or Amusement - Page 2 Empty Re: The Thread of Various News Stories of Interest or Amusement

Post  Paulio Fri May 16, 2008 3:47 am

Which is the band that has a song which solely consists of the words she's so lovely pronounced in a mind numbingly irritating manner? I would like to vote for them as most mediocre band. I've considered reviving the thread for awful lyrics for that song.

Edit: I got bored and looked it up. Though I appear to have been exaggerating about the song it turns out the lyrics are actually worse than I had ever imagined. I think this line in particular shows exactly how bad the band is at writing lyrics "She's Pretty, a fitty. She's got a boyfriend though and thats a pitty (this an error in the source document not mine (this bracket bit isn't in the song))." This is exactly the sort of thing children get asked to write at school. Hmmmm what rhymes with pretty ummmmmm fitty?

Anyway rest of the song.

I love the way she fills her clothes.
She looks just like them girls in vogue.
I love the way she plays it cool.
I think that she is beautiful.

She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
x2

She's Pretty, a fitty
She's got a boyfriend though and thats a pitty.
She's flirty so flirty
And that kind of girl thats really dirty.

I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
How we'll make it through this.
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

I love the way she bites her lip
I love the way she shakes them hips.
I love the way she makes me drool.
I think that she is beautiful.

She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
x2

A stunner, I want her
Was she this fit when she was 10 years younger?
Come see me discreatly.
She says shes got a trick or two to teach me.

I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
How we'll make it through this. x3
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

I think that you are lovely
I think that you are beautiful.

She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
She's so lovely
x2

I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
How we'll make it through this. x5
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

Paulio
Admin
Admin

https://amodicumofhate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Thread of Various News Stories of Interest or Amusement - Page 2 Empty Re: The Thread of Various News Stories of Interest or Amusement

Post  Tom Fri May 16, 2008 5:18 am

ahhh scouting for girls...
just when you thought that mediocre bland pop had hit rock bottom this band strolls along and throws in a spade.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Sat May 17, 2008 9:11 am

I tried to like it, I really did, I couldn't.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sat May 17, 2008 12:27 pm

well if you tried you gave it more of a chance then i did... then i did start chanting death! the moment i heard it...
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sat May 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Was she this fit when she was 10 years younger?

This line worries me, given that Scouting for Girls are probably in their early 20s. Of course, the whole song worries me, given that its complete and utter turgid SHITE.

That Kooks article just highlights how ridiculous tabloid newspapers are. There's no story there, no matter how hard they try. The twat from the Kooks and the quite-arrogant-but-nowhere-near-as-much-of-a-twat one from the Arctic Monkeys have apparently been "waging a feud for over a year", even though according the article itself the former wants to just be friends (bless) and the latter is clearly indifferent. Also, notice how this line: "Luke was also pretty scathing of Alex's high-profile relationship with T4 star Alexa Cheung" is completely incongruous with the the 'supporting' quote: "Alex has a famous girlfriend, but I don't think that helps him. He was big before Alexa came along...If you fall in love, you fall in love."

Anyway, is anyone else getting fed up of this man? He's had front page newspaper headlines, interviews on websites, radio stations and on TV... milking it a little, no? Especially given that, according to himself, he "thought he was going to get hurt". Which means he didn't get hurt.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sat May 17, 2008 1:09 pm

apparently the big screens at manchester for the champions league final will not be available as planned because of the widespread violence of last week... errrrm no manchester person minus the police were involved so how exactly is that fair?
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Sat May 17, 2008 4:48 pm

Another brilliant story and this time there's footage of it.

Drunk Darth Vader's Jedi assault

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Sat May 17, 2008 10:15 pm

The front page of the Mirror yesterday (Friday to me) was making a song and dance about this riot, and they claimed that it was "another episode of bringing shame to our game", I'm sorry but are we Scottish? If Man United and Chelsea fans riot in Moscow, will that bring shame upon Russias game?

Anyway this is why I'm making this post click on this long link here

http://www.blublu.org/sito/video/muto.htm

I couldn't be bothered to turn it into a nice little word for y'all to click on, but this is the best stop start animation I've seen since Trap Door!
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Mon May 19, 2008 3:52 am

Tom wrote:apparently the big screens at manchester for the champions league final will not be available as planned because of the widespread violence of last week... errrrm no manchester person minus the police were involved so how exactly is that fair?

It's not but it wasn't really fair when all British (English?) clubs got kicked out of Europe for the Heysel disaster.

But yeah, this does seem a bit silly - it's hard to imagine Scottish football fans being punished for something the English did.

Drunk Darth Vader's Jedi assault

How is this not an April fool's joke? The judge even said "I hope the force will soon be with him" when the police were looking for him. Anyway, to be fair, I think those Star Wars geeks deserved it, given that they "believed very strongly in the church and their religion".
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Wed May 21, 2008 7:59 am

Propeller penis disrupts political rally - http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=148739&in_page_id=2

The metro holds a special place in my heart.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Thu May 22, 2008 3:17 am

There is no emoticon capable of summing up my immense joy at that propellor penis story, so Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony Tony will have to do.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Mon May 26, 2008 12:23 pm

Why when in a world of web cams and text am I so impressed by this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7415911.stm
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Mon May 26, 2008 12:24 pm

Also this gets me every year:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7420520.stm
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue May 27, 2008 12:12 pm

both of which garner tis response from me.... What a monumental waste of time.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Thu May 29, 2008 4:55 am

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=155091&in_page_id=34

I feel ever so slightly less scared of bees now, but i never think you'd catch a wasp doing that Neutral
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Thu May 29, 2008 8:23 am

I'd like to make what I feel is a valid observation regarding the "cheese-rolling" event: there doesn't appear to be any cheese involved. It would be more appropriately named "twat-rolling".

And I'm not convinced by that bee smiling - only in the Metro would that be deemed a story.

Clearly I'm feeling miserly today.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Thu May 29, 2008 10:11 am

Christophe wrote:I'd like to make what I feel is a valid observation regarding the "cheese-rolling" event: there doesn't appear to be any cheese involved. It would be more appropriately named "twat-rolling".

There is clearly a large roll of cheese at the beginning of the vid.

And I love that bumblebee, awwww.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Sat May 31, 2008 3:17 am

There is possibly the biggest roll of cheese you've ever seen in your life seen rolling down that hill in the first few seconds of footage...

....how could you miss it's yellowy goodness?
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Sat May 31, 2008 4:13 pm

Christophe wrote:It would be more appropriately named "twat-rolling".

Well call me a twat then. I'd happily roll down a hill after some rolling cheese any day. It looks quite fun!

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:59 am

am i the ony erson cynial enough to thik that the picture of the bee has been photoshopped?
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:02 am

I don't think it has, it looks pretty good to be fair, plus I think people would find more things interesting in Photoshop than a bumble bee.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:47 am

Please don't ruin my dream that bees are just nice little fluffy creatures who only want to make honey for us all, and not blood sucking, stripy bastards as i first thought.
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:09 am

Paulio wrote:
Christophe wrote:It would be more appropriately named "twat-rolling".

Well call me a twat then. I'd happily roll down a hill after some rolling cheese any day. It looks quite fun!

Twat.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Fun with google:

Try searching these on google and then press 'I'm feeling lucky' rather than 'search' button:

google l33t

Who Is Failure

Jewgle

find chuck norris

french military victories

and with a normal google search:

answer to life, the universe and everything
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:26 am

I enjoy most of those, particularly the fact that g33gle seems to actually have been set up by Google themselves, which is just so unnessesary you can't help but admire them.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next