A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you remember when you first saw the internet?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you remember when you first saw the internet? Empty Do you remember when you first saw the internet?

Post  Grainy Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:55 pm

The www has been pivotal to all our lives, I'm sure you'll all agree, it's something that nowadays we take for granted, but we lived without it for about the first 10 years of our lives, and were fine, but the question I'm asking, as you'll have guessed by the thread title is:

Do you remember when you first saw the internet?

I think my first experience with the internet was on my granddads windows 95 box, and it was on a 14k modem or something equally shitty.

I went straight onto the CITV website.......happy days.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Do you remember when you first saw the internet? Empty Re: Do you remember when you first saw the internet?

Post  Christophe Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Grainy wrote:
I went straight onto the CITV website.......happy days.

What do you think the first website you'd head to would be now, if you'd only just got access?

I'm not actually sure when I first went online. I imagine its one of either:
(a)When I went to my Mum's school to "help out" while she was still at work and I had finished school for the holidays. This inevitably meant being bored and having nothing to do.
(b)On my Dad's laptop when he brought it home from work for the first time (ye olde Mac 1st didn't have an internet connection set up).

No idea what I went on, probably something Sunderland-related, knowing me as a kid.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you remember when you first saw the internet? Empty Re: Do you remember when you first saw the internet?

Post  Grainy Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Or researching the track-list for the follow up to the summer blockbuster "My Hits '99"

I don't know what I'd go on first, when we first got the internet here the first thing I went on was Google, I know that's boring but I'd probably do the same again.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:21 am

my dad showed me how to use the internet and we went and listened to the radio on it, hahaha, we had plenty of radios in the house! madness.

I remember the first game I played on a computer, LEMMINGS! amazing fun.
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 am

Mine was Pacman on my dads Atari! Old school.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:41 pm

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS PICTURE?!

I don't even own this picture!
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:47 pm

I don't know! But for some reason I don't have a picture.......

The first time I saw the internet was using ye olde compuserve sometime around 94/95 to look for a hint to an adventure game at www.uhs-hints.com with my dad. Happy days.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

https://amodicumofhate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:13 am

the first game i ever played on was either FIFA Soccer manager (which was awesome, makes current FIFA management games seem even shitter. I mean if you did badly you received death threats!) or Broken Sword.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:49 am

Tom wrote:the first game i ever played on was either FIFA Soccer manager (which was awesome, makes current FIFA management games seem even shitter. I mean if you did badly you received death threats!) or Broken Sword.

This is a slightly bizarre tangent to go off on.

Death threats would so improve Footy Manager.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:46 am

Disgraced wrote:

Not that random.

And the death threats were what made the game so much fun
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Tom wrote:
Disgraced wrote:

Not that random.

Where did i mention random?
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:14 pm

naaaah i was replying to Chris. He said my comment was random so i used your previous comment to show that it wasn't savvy?
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:58 am

The first game I ever played on that I can remember (apparently I was mesmerised by one as a baby) is the amazingly titled Brendan's Lunch Box.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:18 am

What was Brendan's Lunch Box? I googled it in the hope that I could take you back to your youth, unfortunately it came up with nothing.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:31 am

I can't remember what you did exactly now. You had to put stuff into his lunch box or something. It was a really old dos game with only a few colours. Tis a shame Google doesn't know it.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:47 am

ah I get ya now!
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:56 am

The first game I can remember playing on is the timeless classic Granny's Garden.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:06 pm

I've never heard of it, what exactly was the concept of grannys garden?
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:26 pm

as a guess i would think it involves a child dancing around his grandmothers garden trying to solve the mystery of the lost dandelion
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:54 pm

I remember that! It was truly amazing.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Oh my God I remember Grannys Garden!

Do you remember when you first saw the internet? Granny1 Do you remember when you first saw the internet? Granny2
Do you remember when you first saw the internet? Granny3
Do you remember when you first saw the internet? Granny4

Unfortunately you can't play it online, not without going through a lot of effort anyway.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Thats it! Brings back so many memories. I think I'd be disappointed if I played it now but I remember it being great fun.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Does anybody know what the big 'G' on the woodcutters house signify?
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:31 pm

that'll be the door stevey.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:15 am

Yes, back in the late 80's all doors were shaped like G's, don't you remember?
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next