A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

songs that moved you close to tears upon first listen...

4 posters

Go down

songs that moved you close to tears upon first listen... Empty songs that moved you close to tears upon first listen...

Post  Tom Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Well i think we are all comfortably manly (including leanne) enough to accept that we have feelings so what was the last song you listened to that moved you greatly.

I'll start the ball rolling... *Ahem* Twilight by Elliott Smith. obvious yes but hey its my topic.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

songs that moved you close to tears upon first listen... Empty Re: songs that moved you close to tears upon first listen...

Post  Grainy Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:41 pm

Innerpartysystem - Don't Stop

I dunno why it moves me so much, it just makes me hyper and happy.

Talking about emotional stuff, the last song that really oved me in a make you think kinda way was either Dan le Sac vs Scroobious Pip - Angles, or Tommy C by the same artist, Scroobs lyrics tend to be really meaningful.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

songs that moved you close to tears upon first listen... Empty Re: songs that moved you close to tears upon first listen...

Post  Christophe Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:48 am

Heartless bastard that I am, I can't actually remember any songs of the top of my head that literally moved me close to tears, although I'm sure there probably are some.

However, the monologue bit after the the strings have come in on Hung Over as the Oven In Maida Vale by GY!BE (if any of you have a clue what I'm talking about) is incredibly moving, as is song 6 from () by Sigur Ros. Pink Bullets by the Shins gets me every time too, there's something about its optimistic delivery that somehow for me makes the lyrics/overall theme even sadder.

And of course, numerous Elliott Smith songs. Everything that man did was heartbreaking. Everything Means Nothing to Me, I Didn't Understand, Oh Well Okay to name but a few, not to mention Twilight when it's lyrics taken in the context of the his life and what happened shortly after writing them, and Needle In the Hay when taken in the context of the Royal Tenenbaums...

I like Scroobius Pip. "Thou shalt not question Stephen Fry".
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Grainy!! That song always gets me, I don't actually cry cause that would make me seem like a girl, but yeah Scroobius Pip and Dan Le Sac's Angles is the kinda song that makes me get a bit 'meh'
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum