A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know what to name this...

3 posters

Go down

I don't know what to name this... Empty I don't know what to name this...

Post  Grainy Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:56 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7347691.stm

Fucking typical.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7336490.stm

And this actually looks pretty cool.

But I'm still angry about the first link.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

I don't know what to name this... Empty Re: I don't know what to name this...

Post  Tom Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:21 am

i may recieve flack for this but i think the first was one was fair enough. He wasn't as enemy soldier or even remotely a threat and had it been a british civilian then it probably wouldnt have been considered newsworthy.

And bleeding hell that German restaurant is an eyesore.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:20 pm

If it was a British civilian, would they get compensation from the Iraqi government?

Yeah, I feel sorry for the guy, but £2 million! The thing that pisses me off most is the fact that our armys getting a lot less!
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:11 pm

yeah thats true the moost wounded soldier ever to live only got 750 grand but at the same time you could say that the iraqi government is really the british and american puppet. Plus we are the evil invaders who were not asked to intervene.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:11 pm

Grainy wrote:If it was a British civilian, would they get compensation from the Iraqi government?

Yes, because we're not fighting the Iraqi government, we're fighting Iraqi insurgents, who I doubt give compensation payouts to anyone. If an Iraqi soldier popped over to Dronfield and shot you, I guarentee you'd get compensation.

Anyway, you say this is "fucking typical", but have you got any previous occasions to back that up?

I think its fair enough. £2m is a lot of money but the guy was paralysed, and what's more, he was 13, which means that the vast majority of his life has been ruined. Yes they don't pay out that much to British soldiers, but this kid wasn't a British soldier and therefore hadn't signed up to be in a war zone. If you join the army, getting injured is quite literally an occupational hazard. But simply hanging around your home town, I think you can reasonably expect to be not to be shot in the spine - even accidentally - by people who are supposedly meant to be helping you and what's left of your country.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:38 pm

to be fair he did befriend a soldier and thats pretty stupid considering he was British and therefore bitter whilst carrying a loaded gun... after a while of a kid blithering in your ear about sunshine and lollipops when an iraqi insurgent could be anywhere then that gun seems like a real adequete solution to your problem.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:54 am

I used the words "fucking typical", as back-up to the obvious fact that the government cares more about foreigners than us, with things like immigrants on benefits that they just send back home to wherever they came from.

Britain is like a person who tries to befriend everyone, and make everyone happy, but forgets about the people who they should really care about and gets used by the others.

I can't think of my mouthwords properly.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm

Oh come on - you can hardly say the government care more about Iraqis than the British? Their entire goings-on in the middle east reeks of a blatant self-serving disregard for the people who live there. Perhaps the amount of money they've given this kid is just to clear their consciences a little about the amount of Iraqi and Afghan lives they've wrecked.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum