A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck Off Greenpeace

5 posters

Go down

Fuck Off Greenpeace Empty Fuck Off Greenpeace

Post  Paulio Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Greenpeace takes on 'gas guzzling' gamers

My problem with this isn't so much that I'm bothered about "gaming" its more that I wish Greenpeace would fuck off and do something useful and realistic for a change. I wouldn't say I wish they were gone but that they spend far too much time on the blindingly pointless and are more like a parent nagging in your ear to do something you've already decided your not going to.

I think this is cute though. This isn't pointless as it makes you go awwww save the whales.

Wikipedia wrote: In November of 2007, Greenpeace attracted internet attention when they held an online poll to name 30 humpback whales in the South Pacific Ocean. Mister Splashy Pants won, thanks to massive numbers of voters from social networking sites, sparking the "Save Mister Splashypants" campaign.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

https://amodicumofhate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fuck Off Greenpeace Empty Re: Fuck Off Greenpeace

Post  Grainy Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 pm

These people are obviously bitter because their parents didn't buy them an Atari when they were younger.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:36 pm

when they were younger!
the vast majority of the members of greenpeace are students who pretend that they have values.

this site is taking on a hell of a lot of idealistic people whis week.

So yes fuck off greenpeace and let us destroy our world in own unique and individual way. x
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:07 pm

What other idealistic people has the website taken on?

I'd like Greenpeace to save us all from ourselves! I just don't want to have to do anything myself. Frankly I'm far too lazy and indifferent.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:52 pm

PETA for one.

Oh and the west baptist church of somewhere in redneck America but they're not idealistic just insane.

The people at Greenpeace were too nice at Latitude. They made me feel awful about rejecting them although not quite enough to go stumbling back weeping and signing their protest form.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:26 am

Tom wrote:when they were younger!
the vast majority of the members of greenpeace are students who pretend that they have values.

OK so their parents didn't buy them a SNES or Playstation, my previous point still stands no matter what era of gaming they grew up in.

Oh and talking about festivals (Tom mentioned latitude briefly) is anyone Leedsing it this year?
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:35 am

If only I had the money and the time, but alas, no.
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Doubt it. Financially any festival is looking unlikely for me this year (although I did just apply for a shit job, so watch this space), and Leeds wouldn't be my first choice even if I could afford it.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:09 pm

i am not sure as of yet. Its either Latitude or Leeds. The supposed headliners for leeds however are shocking so Latitude is looking the favourite. I hope the exact same people headline the comedy tent with the exception of Alan Carr
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Who are they? Any word on Latitude? I realise a simple Google could answer this but you are the easier option.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:19 pm

well mettalica and rage against the machine are set to headline Leeds. This is not an acceptable turn of events. Oh and the killers for the standard Razorlight entry. it seems that these are pretty accepted as the actual headliners.

the rest of the rumours so far for bands playing on the undercard are as follows:
Aerosmith
Kasabian
Baby Shambles
Greenday
My Chemical Romance
The Verve
Stereophonics
Manic street preachers
Queens of the Stone Age
Oasis
British Sea Power (the only band to have actually been confirmed)
Cut Off Your Hands
The Foals
Less Than Jake
The Wombats
The Coral

As for Latitude the only rumour i have heard is Sigur Ros. Frankly if that is true than Latitude already sounds like a better festival then leeds.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Haha, that's true. When I've seen Sigur Ros live I can die a happy man. And Leeds looks truly horrible. The only bands there I'd want to see are Foals and possibly British Sea Power if there was no one better on. To be fair, it Leeds always looks better when all the smaller stages have filled up, but still...
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:33 pm

yeah the smaller stages were a hell of a lot better last year.

BUT i would only probably see foals as british Sea power are just U2 with street cred.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Well, so says Pitchfork. They're hardly legendary, but I fail to see how they're anywhere near as tedious as Bono and Co.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:39 pm

musically i'd say so.

As people they would have to do something extremely special to be as bigger twat as bono.

I think that their new album has just disappointed me really. It may not as bad as i think but they had the potential to do so much better.

On the same subject if Youthmovies album isn't among the albums of the year then i will be similarly disappointed.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:43 pm

Speaking of Bono....

Does Ferg know the new forum exists? Come to think of it does Josh?

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:59 pm

i doubt it... the forum has descended into a conversation between around five people. That isn't a forum merely a rabble.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:18 pm

Tom wrote:

I think that their new album has just disappointed me really. It may not as bad as i think but they had the potential to do so much better.

Which in itself suggests they're better than U2, surely? You wouldn't be disappointed by bad U2, would you? Merely...unsurprised.

Good Nature's out next week. I haven't looked forward to an album this much in a very long time... No pressure, Youthmovies.

I'm disappointed in Josh's absence, to be honest. I thought he had just as much time on his hands as we do, not to mention hatred (although mild annoyance, as it seems to be here at the moment).
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:21 pm

I've repeatedly told Josh and Ferg about it, alas, they're even lazier than you lot.

I'll keep hauranging them.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Christophe wrote:
Which in itself suggests they're better than U2, surely? You wouldn't be disappointed by bad U2, would you? Merely...unsurprised.

well no not really because i am sure that many thought in the eighties that U2's second album would be fantastic and in terms of sales the vast majority of their albums in the eighties were tremendously successful. U2 however have relied on the same sound for nearing twenty years and i am sure had any other band done this then they would have been forgotten or ridiculed in the case of the Rolling Stones.

U2 survive because of bono's constant whining and exposure to the public eye.

U2 are bland and i am sorry to say that British sea power are just as bland but unfortunately for them probably wont see a similar boost in sales.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:45 pm

U2 survive because they've established a huge following of ardent admirers alongside an equally huge army of casual fans. Lord know's why they have either, but they do, and that's why they're still going. Bono's whining is merely something to entertain him while the rest of the band concoct some naff blanditudes for him to croon annoyingly over so we can all go "Wow, U2 are still shit" while their bafflingly widespread fanbase lap it up, not realising that this isn't 1988 or whenever the hell the Joshua Tree was realised and that they've just bought the same album for the 8th time, only this time, what do you know - it's even worse.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:51 pm

U2 Fan: Yes but Bono on this record introduces the amzingly awe inspiring and never before seen lyric " YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH!" with innovation like that you cant argue with their promise.

Tom: Do you listen to yourself when you speak?
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum