A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who did you vote for in the local elections?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who did you vote for in the local elections?

Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_lcap20%Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_lcap0%Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_lcap60%Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_lcap0%Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_lcap20%Who did you vote for in the local elections? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Who did you vote for in the local elections? Empty Who did you vote for in the local elections?

Post  Paulio Mon May 05, 2008 5:17 am

So who did you vote for and why?

Paulio
Admin
Admin

https://amodicumofhate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Who did you vote for in the local elections? Empty Re: Who did you vote for in the local elections?

Post  Grainy Mon May 05, 2008 7:17 am

They messed up our polling cards, so I didn't vote, not sure what happened exactly, I let my mam sort it out. I would have voted for Lib Dem anyways so I'll put that as my answer.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Who did you vote for in the local elections? Empty Re: Who did you vote for in the local elections?

Post  Christophe Tue May 06, 2008 8:53 am

I didn't vote (why is there not on option for this on your poll?). I'd love to say I abstained through political reasons but in reality it was a mixture of (a) apathy through only knowing who one of the local candidates was (and even she seems to be an arsehole - some grumpy-looking middle-aged hag who sends us weekly propaganda telling us nothing of her own ideas, merely how shit the Lib Dems are because they've done fuck all for the Blessed Capital of Culture Year (Amen); (b) forgetfulness; and (c) laziness.

I'd probably have voted Lib Dem. Unless of course there had been a Monster Raving Loony party option.

On a related note: let's all laugh at London (while frowning with vague concern that it is actually our capital that is being run by a complete and utter moron).
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Hmmm. I didn't envisage people voting in a poll about who they voted for when they didn't vote. But in hindsight that was rather stupid of me. The poll should have read "Who did you vote for in the local elections? Or would have done if you could have been arsed?".

I voted Lib dem. This is I think the greatest amount of agreement we've ever had on a poll I think. Probably because Josh and Tom haven't voted but still tis unusual. Anyway Sheffield is a liberal democrat city now all thanks to my one vote. Though to be honest I don't even know who won my ward or even how to find out.

I'm looking forward to everything Boris has to offer London.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Thu May 08, 2008 4:42 pm

i voted labour... i felt that they deserved my vote as a hug for what would obviously be an earth shattering defeat as i had no real preference and i dont really like kicking somebody when they are coughing up blood. Plus i dont really trust Nick Clegg... he has shady eyes (not that i trust any of them)
for me the local elections are incidental and when the general election strides in i shall be voting tactically in the hop of preventing David Cameron on our screen for five painful years. Now if Boris was leader i'd vote for them every time.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Fri May 09, 2008 5:53 am

I didn't vote, i didn't get a card for starters and so it would have been far too much effort for me to phone up and tell the buggers i live in my house....again.
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Fri May 09, 2008 8:31 am

Alright, who said BNP? Joker.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Fri May 09, 2008 2:18 pm

If we ignore the BNPs dubious central ideal and the green party's who do you think would run the country better?

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sat May 10, 2008 11:55 am

the monster raving looney party... Garfield... anyone really.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sat May 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Paulio wrote: BNPs

I think you mean BNP's. Tony

I think it depends on how you mean "run the country". If you mean in terms of maintaining human rights and protecting the nation's citizens, then the Green Party. If you mean sustaining the economy, they'd both frankly run this country into the ground. Although obviously the ground would probably be nicer if the Green Party were in charge.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sun May 11, 2008 5:44 am

whatever happened to Tony?
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Fri May 16, 2008 3:40 am

Tony only now exists as this tiny emoticon Tony

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Sat May 31, 2008 4:30 pm

Christophe wrote:
Paulio wrote: BNPs

I think you mean BNP's. Tony

Am I allowed to be smug because I knew you'd go on a vendetta to correct me somewhere?

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:04 am

Tom wrote:whatever happened to Tony?

Tony's now on facebook, going under the guise of "Anton Gibbs". I'm as yet unable to determine whether this is a typo or a bona fide attempt to reinvent himself.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:42 am

asked him about it and after a thin attempt at sarcasm by dear old toners i think he is legitimately trying to reinvent himself as "cooler" than us. He is also a fan of embrace which is something i find greatly amusing as he fits in there about as much as i do in a mosh pit
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:24 am

At first I thought you meant Embrace the band and thought "hmmm, seems appropriate", but then I realised you mean the club and OH MY...
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:30 pm

Ahhhh, I was thinking that you meant the band aswell, I wondered why it was so strange.

Anton goes on the town?
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:54 am

yes he does. He stands there hands in pockets (as he always does), being silent (as he always does) LOVING EMBRACE GALAXY DACE PARTY... without showing actual human emotion.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:39 am

I wish I was as cool as Anton.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:40 am

Has anyone been on anything like this? I just looked at how my local MP has been voting and realised he is a spineless twat who I disagree with on nearly every matter.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:18 am

Our MP has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 34 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs.

Interesting, from what I seem to gather everything she does it well below average for MP's, so basically she does fuck all.

I thought we wre Lib Dem round here anyway? Natascha Engel's Labour....
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:22 am

Grainy wrote:
I thought we wre Lib Dem round here anyway? Natascha Engel's Labour....

I think Dronfield is Lib Dem, but NE Derbyshire as a whole must be Labour.

There's something quite funny about the option on that website to "Email me whenever Natascha Engel speaks".

Anyway, the only think me and our MP agree on is equal gay rights and the smoking ban (and even that one I'm only for in a sort of wishy-washy, not-really-bothered kind of way). It also appears she does pretty much no work.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:29 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7476703.stm

Surely this must be a major embarrassment and another nail in the old coffin for Labour. In the Henley by-election, they came behind the Green Party, and even the BNP for gods sake!
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:22 am

i cant wait for the next by election when the monster raving loony party will capture more votes. Plus Engel voted very strongly aganist an investigation into the iraq war.... Thats towing the government line unbelievably is it not?
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:05 am

Yes but expecting a constituency like that to vote Labour is like asking a mining community to vote for Thatcher. I'd be more worried if a community that's not populated exclusively by toffs voted resoundingly for the Tories. That said, coming behind the Green Party anywhere is embarrassing.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next