A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Puffs

4 posters

Go down

Sugar Puffs Empty Sugar Puffs

Post  Grainy Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:45 am

How dare they do this? Noel and Julien are reportedly not happy
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Sugar Puffs Empty Re: Sugar Puffs

Post  Tom Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:30 am

I'm never buying Sugar Puffs again

A tad over reaction me thinks...
I wont buy sugar puffs again but thats only because they are hideous and not due to any ill-founded loyalty to a TELEVISION programme. Frankly it isn't even stealing. You cant copyright a style of singing otherwise a whole host of bands should be sued including: Klaxons (original my arse), Creed (their fans sued them for being shit), Duffy etc. In fact if the mighty boosh sue then i will lose all my respect for them. Like Fielding needs more money.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:20 am

A tidal wave of indifference just crashed over me.

Though it would be nice if it was just limited to them. If they win I hope this can be applied to other genres. Particularly the one which involves talking with an accent.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

https://amodicumofhate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:32 pm

if this lawsuit worked sooo many bands could run out of existance as it'll set a precedent. HA! buh bye Kate Nash.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:15 pm

You're on about a completely different thing Tom, this is advertising, not music, the people at Sugar Puffs have done nothing to change it, they even have the same beat, something which Klaxons, Hadouken!, Kate Nash, whoever else you've mentioned do have their own sound, plus these bands are on the same scene, since when was Sugar Puffs and The Mighty Boosh the same scene? They haven't toured together on my recollection.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:13 pm

How am i missing the point? its the same principle.
all i am saying is that The Mighty Boosh cannot possibly be the only people allowed to "crimp" or as its was referred to before the boosh "two people talking quickly in unison". Its egotistical and pathetic. Did they write the song? no. So why should they be offended? for fucks sake its a compliment. Anyone who is a fan of the boosh and takes offense is equally pathetic in my book. Adverts are allowed to use anything to try and sell their product. Thats how the world of consumerism works and if they had rapped instead no one would've batted an eyelid. So perhaps they should get off their high horse and resume counting their fecking money.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:55 am

I'm not entirely sure which bit of Boosh they are said to be 'ripping off' so I can't really comment, but it would all depend on how close to the original the SP version is. You can't be sued for parodying something, surely, since the technique is, and long has been, an oft-employed tool of not just pop culture but art in general. And yes I realise the irony of using such a grand term as 'art' in reference to a Sugar Puffs advert. But Grainy's term about 'scenes' seems fairly invalid, since most scenes are media-constructed groupings of bands that often have very little to do with each but just happen to sound vaguely similar, and being part of said 'scene' isn't a license to copy people's styles. Having said that, copying people's styles is again fairly commonplace, as Tom said. It's only the blatant theft of peoples music and a subsequent attempt to pass it off as your own that can be sued, I'd have thought.

However, I too would like to nominate Sugar Puffs as a target of my hatred. They taste fucking horrible.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum