A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

China

+2
Tom
Christophe
6 posters

Go down

China Empty China

Post  Christophe Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:04 am

Or should I say, the Chinese government - I'm sure it's a lovely country.

The blatant breaches of human rights that go on in China on a daily basis really are quite worrying, not least because of the power of the country. It seems to me that the political and social conditions there are far worse than the types of country that the Western world condemns. Needless to say, if people were persecuted in a similar way in any small, "insignificant" Middle Eastern nation, the Americans (and sad to say, probably the UK) would have invaded long ago. But of course, we all now why it's never going to become an issue with the Chinese.

So of course it's perfectly acceptable that Chinese people should have no press freedom, be executed for petty crimes, be restricted from accessing or saying anything even remotely antagonist towards the Chinese govt... And then of course there's Tibet...
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

China Empty Re: China

Post  Tom Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:44 am

aye china's view that human rights are optional is worrying. They have made some of the biggest atrocities in recent years and i will ignore the Olympics this year because of them. The fact is however is that while China are in a position to start world war 3 and have the means and the disregard for their own citizens (let alone us) to take us on then nothing shall be done. sad but true.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:14 am

I feel I should make some sort of serious comment about the disturbing nature about China. But....

How shit is our Olympic logo?

China Pink-content

I was going to post a few quotes from the official website of the logo but frankly it was all such entertainingly awful drivel I couldn't decide which bits so I've posted the majority of it.

London 2012 will create the most accessible and participative Games. It will touch people as it has never done before, stimulating people to do more and to try new things and reassess what we are all capable of.

London 2012 has sport at its heart and London at the centre, but it is more than London and more than sport. It is a Games for London, the UK and the rest of the world, for sport and culture, for volunteers and business.

The brand
We need a powerful brand to help us achieve our ambition. A brand that combines the power of the Olympic rings and the city of London together.

The number 2012 is our brand. It is universal and understandable worldwide

Our emblem is simple, distinct, bold and buzzing with energy. Its form is inclusive yet consistent and has incredible flexibility to encourage access and participation. It can communicate with anyone from commercial organisations to kids playing sport.

It feels young in spirit. Full of confidence, certainty and opportunity. Not afraid to shake things up, to challenge the accepted. To change things.

For the first time, the Olympic and Paralympic Games will be part of the same brand family.

Our brand will have impact across everything we do, there are huge possibilities, but we have a clear ambition.

Our Games will be for everyone.

From http://www.london2012.com/about/our-brand/index.php

Paulio
Admin
Admin

https://amodicumofhate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:10 am

i think that the symbol is a little gay. And i mean gay as in homosexual. If it flashed then i reckon it could be easily confused as a sign t a gay nightclub.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Narry Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:38 am

Tom wrote: i will ignore the Olympics this year because of them. .

ha when do you ever watch the Olympics anyway?

on a slightly irrelevant note chinas past is quite interesting. ive studied it briefly at uni

Narry

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 am

He might have done but China has cruelly taken that opportunity away from him.

Did anyone else have difficultly realising what the logo is? For ages I couldn't see that it spelt out 2012.

i think that the symbol is a little gay. And i mean gay as in homosexual.

Maybe this could be its singles ad perhaps?

It feels young in spirit. Full of confidence, certainty and opportunity. Not afraid to shake things up, to challenge the accepted. To change things.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:26 pm

wait it actually spelt out 2012? wooow i never noticed.

And i may have had a keen interest in who wins the track and field events luke.... yeah take that!
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:44 am

Narry wrote:
Tom wrote: i will ignore the Olympics this year because of them. .

ha when do you ever watch the Olympics anyway?

Yes I find it hard to believe you'd have given a shit anyway.

The passage of time has not made that logo any easier on the eye. And yes, I too failed to realise for a good while what it was meant to represent. Dire.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:02 pm

China Pink-content

Was there a competition to draw the logo? Surely it's not fair to only let retards enter?
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:01 pm

In the end they decided that the retards had made logos that were too deep and artistic so they opted for gluing a paintbrush to a squirrel and inducing a seizure.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:06 pm

This logo cost....wait for it....£100,000 of taxpayers money, it really takes the piss.

How could it possibly cost that much to hire a retard to come up with this pink turd?
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:20 pm

well they had to pay to rent the monkey from the zoo... teach it to grasp a pen etc when you think about it it all really begins to add up.
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:02 am

That is fairly bizarre, since it probably took a (clearly awful) artist about half an hour to come up with, tops.
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:29 am

£100,000?! are you fucking kidding me? There is no reason AT ALL it should have cost that much, there are so many better causes that could ave gone to, I'd have designed em one for free!

Plus if they had have had a competition I'm pretty sure they would have been able to pick summat from that.

gay ass people spending too much gay ass money on gay ass designs for the gay ass fucking Olympics. This subject annoys me thoroughly.
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:44 pm

i dont think Leanne's on board....
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paulio Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:56 am

I saw this news article and remembered we had a thread for China and thought so yeah why not post it to make the forum seem much more busier than it is - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8456622.stm

What do you think? Is Google standing up for human rights or making a futile gesture just to spite the Chinese government? Personally I find it scary how much the Chinese people on my course love the Communist Party.

Paulio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum