A Modicum Of Hate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jacko epidemic

4 posters

Go down

The Jacko epidemic Empty The Jacko epidemic

Post  Tom Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:37 pm

The Jacko epidemic Vjifd_10

Creepy... yes

Surprising.... no... its Jack White of course he was going to lead himself down the jacko road apart from he has an imaginary sister... and isnt a paedophile. yo my knowledge.

Its not just men, women are going down the road too with both the woman from cold case, Jordon from scrubs and of course Courtney Love alll mutilating their faces.

So plastic surgery.... A lot of money to waste on making yourself even uglier wouldn't you agree?
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

The Jacko epidemic Empty Re: The Jacko epidemic

Post  Grainy Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:48 am

I hate this whole plastic surgery to "make yourself look better" facade.

The majority if the time you look like Action Man or Barbie, granted, both characters were created to resemble a good looking person, but the fact that they're made out of plastic makes them butt ugly, and not once have I had a stir in my trousers when looking at a Barbie doll........Action Man is a maybe.

The only time it should be allowed is when you've been disfigured in an accident, or from birth.

Natural is a lot better and I know a lot of males agree when it comes to the opposite sex, so why are people still doing this to themselves?
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:31 am

its because the media are plugging the perfect body to everyone. Everyone has to look a certain way and with women especially it can lead to depression. Anyone who is fat and "ugly" are automatically stigmatised in a society that demands the media's definition of beauty.

Some will ignore what people tell them i.e. you are pretty and will automatically just assume the worst. These are the people vulnerable to plastic surgery because if they wont believe that they are in fact perfectly beautiful the way they are then what will make them believe that plastic surgery can only make them worse.

For Christ sakes show them Dolly Parton before its too late!!!!!!
Tom
Tom
Forum Slayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:34 pm

I think the 2 main proponents for plastic surgery would be: (a) vain people with too much money, and (b) people with ludricrously low self-esteem.

While the former can ruin their faces if they want for all I care, I do have sympathy for the latter. I think its hard to imagine how much you must have to hate any particular part of your body to want to have it changed surgically. I mean, I (like most people I'm sure) don't like all of my body, but I would never choose to replace my natural nose, for example, with a plasticy fake one that I might, had it been real, have preferred. The very fact that it is fake, unnatural and just not me, in my opinion would make it uglier.

The one exception I would make, perhaps, is having my ears pinned back if I was one of those unfortunate "jug-eared" people. It's still their own ears that way, innit?
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:31 am

but surely if somebody with big ears is being ridiculed for looking like dumbo, it will make them alot happier to just have them pinned back?

Fake boobs are ok to an extent, but any bigger than what could be deemed a 'natural' cup size is just ridiculous, Jordan did the right thing having hers reduced, she didnt however need to go and get the other shit done. waste of time and money, and bloody painful!
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Disgraced wrote:but surely if somebody with big ears is being ridiculed for looking like dumbo, it will make them alot happier to just have them pinned back?

This is pretty much what I just said, non?
Christophe
Christophe
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainy Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:24 pm

There's no point in quoting, then asking a question to Leanne, as she only appears on this forum once in a blue moon, effectively killing the thread until this next blue moon happens.
Grainy
Grainy
Admin
Admin

http://www.grainystudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgraced Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:21 pm

actually Grainy *kicks* i'm here again.

I do apologise, i had just completely missed the last two lines of your post, whoops!
Disgraced
Disgraced

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum